Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Thousand Gifts: #23 - 24

Technorati Tags: ,,
rosary
We found them among her things after she died. I gasped when I saw those long-forgotten but familiar rosary beads. They are now one of my most treasured possessions, my link to her, these worn beads, fragile, patched together with filament. I can easily picture her hands moving along them as she whispered the prayers, day in and day out, asking that Mary pray for her oldest daughter to be led back to the Church. My mother and the Blessed Virgin are a formidable pair, and I'm so very grateful they never gave up on me. My turn, a mother too, joining the prayers of mother, grandmother and Blessed Madonna, all of us bound by these simple beads and our love for our children, invoking grace and mercy, never denied.
Thank you God, for my mother's rosary, and thank you Mom, for your ceaseless intercession on my behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment